Camarillo Health Care District provides door-through-door transportation for non-emergency medical appointments and other activities of daily living, including to and from District programs, throughout Ventura County.
Drivers are trained in CPR and first aid, and have additional sensitivity training in transporting frail, elderly cognitively-challenged and mobility-challenged riders. Vehicles are equipped with hydraulic lifts to accommodate wheelchair clients, oxygen canisters, and other assistive mobility devices. If you require wheelchair transport, a standard wheelchair can be provided during your ride. Please inform the scheduling office of your needs when making a reservation (vehicles are not prepared to transport scooters, other similarly heavy chairs, or medical gurneys).
The Care-A-Van transportation service is pleased to assist Camarillo Health Care District residents. Rides must originate within District boundaries.
Hours of Operation
Hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please work with your medical destination to schedule appointments within that time frame. Service outside of these hours of operation may be able to be accommodated occasionally under special circumstances.
- Cost is $20 for a trip within Camarillo one way and $40 round trip, Camarillo to Camarillo.
- Transportation from Camarillo to Oxnard, Newbury Park or Thousand Oaks is $25 one way and $50 round trip.
- Transportation from Camarillo to Ventura, Port Hueneme, Moorpark, or Westlake Village is $30 one way or $60 round trip (other destinations may be available depending on case load).
Reservations and Questions
To make a ride reservation, please call 805-388-2529
- Please call Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. It's best to make a reservation at least two to three days in advance as same-day service can be difficult (same-day service may be available occasionally under special circumstance). We understand that things can change rapidly, so please call anyway but as much notice as you can give is always helpful in accommodating needs.
- Credit card payment can be received by telephone for a convenient, cash-free ride.
- You will be asked to provide your name, telephone number, pick-up location, destination and what time you need to be there, if you need wheelchair assistance and what type of wheelchair.
- Traffic conditions and other unfortunate and unforeseen circumstances can affect timing of rides. Please know the drivers are sensitive to your needs and concerns, and have your best interest in mind. Every attempt at planning and timing will be made to get you to your appointment on time. Drivers may appropriately and safely pull off the roadway in compliance with law to contact the office for safety, assistance or to call your appointment destination.
- Drivers may not use cell phones while driving.
- Drivers must obey all applicable traffic laws.
We understand about changes in daily health challenges. If you need to cancel your ride, kindly inform the office with as much notice as you can give. Sometimes there will be enough notice that we might be able to help someone else who needs that time slot. Thank you for your consideration.
- Please be ready to go at your scheduled pick-up time.
- No eating, drinking or smoking is allowed on the vehicle.
- Loud or profane language is not permitted on the vehicle.
- Riders may not consume or be under the influence of an intoxicating substance.
- Drivers are not to be tipped.
- Radios or other noise-generating devices are not permitted.
- All wheelchairs must be secured by the driver at all times.
- If you change your residence or your phone number, it is your responsibility to notify the scheduling office when making a reservation.