The Adult Day Center is open in compliance with updated licensing regulations. We have missed our clients and families very much and look forward to seeing you! For more information, please call Director Mary Ann Ratto at 805-388-1952, extension 111.Thank you!
We continue to celebrate the reopening of the Adult Day Center! While masking and capacity restrictions still apply, we are welcoming new families weekly! We are excited to meet our new famiies and welcome back our returning families, and ask for your patience in case we run into capacity limits.
For families contemplating using our Adult Day Center, we encouage you to call for an initial converstaion, or arrange for an in-person visit. In order to maintain maximum safelty, tours of the Center can be arranged after 3:30pm, when the other clients have left fo the day. Please do not hesitate to call Mary Ann Ratto, Director, at 805-388-1952, ext 111. If you prefer email, please email Mary Ann to make an appointment.
Spend the Day Your Way! A Description of Adult Day Services
(some variations may apply during COVID-19 restrictions)
Clients look forward to spending time in a warm, inviting and home-like setting at Camarillo Health Care District's Adult Day Center, where activities are designed for socialization, mental and physical enrichment, recreation for all abilities, and most of all fun! The Center is intentionally designed to provide a safe, respectful, and compassionate option for adults who benefit from additional care during the day due to health conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, stroke, brain injury, decreasing mobility, isolation or loneliness. Additionally, the Center offers important respite time off for family caregivers and other family members.
Nutritious and well-balanced meals, snacks and beverages are provided in a home-like setting throughout the day, while also accommodating special dietary needs.
Trained and caring staff provides a wide range of planned activities and socialization for many interests and ability levels. Please call Mary Ann Ratto, CSA, Adult Day Center Director, at 805-388-1952, extension 111, or email at Mary Ann's email.
Services & Hours
- Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 3:00pm
- Extended hours are available from 3:00pm to 5:30pm on Thursdays, and until 5:00pm on Fridays (may be unavailable during pandemic closures)
- Half-days are available, either in the morning or afternoon
- Customized care plans can be developed to fit schedules and needs (full-day or half-day, morning or afternoon, single or multiple days per week). A complimentary half-day visit is available upon completion of assessment.
Please call for multiple pricing options. Many variables are considered when developing a plan for you and your family, and it is very helpful to speak with you regarding your individual needs. You are encouraged to speak with Director Mary Ann Ratto at (805) 388-1952, extension 111, or schedule a visit at no charge.
The Adult Day Center enjoys a person-centered focus with regard to individual preferences and abilities. Activities are designed to engage and support each client and to encourage socialization and participation. Activities can include:
- Music, singing and reminiscing
- Pet Therapy with regular dog visits
- Exercise, arts and crafts, and games
- Nutritious meals and snacks (special diet accommodated)
- Socialization and peer support
- Stimulation to improve mental and physical health...
- Important respite "time off" for family caregivers
- Maintain the client's maximum level of independence and dignity
- Prevent social isolation
- Help cognitively and physically-impaired adults maintain or improve their level of functioning
- ...and the intangible value of sharing time and life together in a caring environment!
On-site visit and tours, telephone conversations or private appointments are available to discuss enrollment options, whichever works for your preference or schedule. Dropping in if you're already "out and about" is very welcome and we understand how that works better sometimes, but at every opportunity, we'd like to block out time especially for you through an appointment. To make an appointment, please call Mary Ann Ratto, Adult Day Center Director, at (805) 388-1952, extension 111. We look forward to meeting you!
Transportation services through the Care-A-Van program are available for District residents. Please call the Adult Day Center Director for further information at 805-388-1952 ,extension 111.
Help for Caregivers
Adult day services provide options, resources, support and important "time off" (respite) for family members and caregivers, and are an essential service for families who work, have school-age children, or other obligations during the day. The ADS Plus program family caregivers is also available for families of enrolled clients. Please glance at the right side of your screen for links to the Caregiver Center, Memory Cafes, other resources.