VENTURA COUNTY, Calif., February 18, 2016 – Rodger “Rod” Brown, MBA, President of the Board of Directors of the Camarillo Health Care District (District), was awarded Director of the Year by the Ventura County Special District Association (VCSDA) at its recent annual meeting. This award acknowledges Mr. Brown’s outstanding service to the citizens of the Greater Camarillo Area. Mr. Brown has served as Vice President of the Board, and is currently serving as President of the Board.
During his tenure as a District Trustee, Mr. Brown has been instrumental in shaping the District into the comprehensive, dynamic public service agency that it is today. Under his leadership, the District has significantly expanded the scope of its programs, adopted a person-centered philosophy of care delivery, remodeled an award-winning Adult Day Center, and positioned the District as a trusted and preferred partner in federal, state and local service contracts. The following partial list reflects his successful leadership and team development:
- District, together with the Ventura County Area Agency on Aging, was selected as one of only eight in the State of California, to participate in the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services demonstration project to reduce avoidable hospital readmissions.
- District remodeld the adult day center to embrace the person-centered philosophy of care; it was recently awarded the Innovative Program of the Year by California Special Districts Association.
- District was selected as the only program in California to receive certification from the Rosalynn Carter Institute’s award-winning, evidence-based REACH (Resources and Education for Alzheimer’s Caregiver Health) program in recognition of the District’s excellence in providing training, education and resources for family caregivers.
- District was one of only six organizations in California selected to receive $100,000 from The SCAN Foundation’s Linkage Lab program, designed to forge new health sector partnerships as a result of the Affordable Care Act implementation.
- District became a nationally recognized Community-Based Organization (CBO), designing and implementing new models of evidence-based care
- District is a founding member of Partners At Home, a growing state-wide network pioneering a new specialty of care.
- District became a Master Trainer organization in evidence-based health promotion programs, one of few in Ventura County.
- District led the development of the Ventura County Evidence-Based Health Promotion Coalition and secured funding for its sustainability.
- District secured funding from the SCAN Foundation for the Ventura County Hospital to Home Alliance to participate in a state-wide initiative to integrate long-term supports and services in the health care continuum across California.
In addition to owning a successful local business for nearly 30 years, and leading and guiding the District, Rod also contributes his time, talents and love to the community. The following highlights some of his many community contributions:
- Member, 1997 to present: Pleasant Valley Lions Club
- Board, 2006-2010: Pleasant Valley Lions Club
- Chair, 2003-2008: Camarillo July 4 Committee
- Member, 2011 to present: Camarillo Citizens Patrol
- Advisor, 1995-2005: City of Camarillo Finance Committee
For more information on this award, or the programs and services of the Camarillo Health Care District, please call (805) 388-1952, or visit the website at www.camhealth.com.