Camarillo Health Care District is your partner for community-based health services, and is recognized throughout California and the nation as an innovative champion of wellness and aging services. As a leader in collaborative health options, disease prevention, and health promotion since 1969, Camarillo Health Care District offers a broad range of interactive, evidence-based health and wellness programs designed to enhance long-term support and services that educate people about chronic health conditions, and guide people toward healthy life choices.
Camarillo Health Care District works in partnership with a variety of medical and social care providers; hospitals; national, state and local government and public agencies; service organizations; and other community leaders to enhance and maximize community health through services, programs, education, training and resources for individuals, families and caregivers.
As a preferred partner in health, wellness and aging, Camarillo Health Care District helps individuals manage ongoing health challenges, live better with chronic illness and improve overall quality of life. Please enjoy looking through this website for information on adult day services, caregiver center services, care management services, senior support line services, transportation services, senior nutrition services and many more resources to assist you in living well!
Vision: Ventura County is a model healthy community with seamless access to high quality health and community-based services that optimize well-being, empower healthy lifestyles, and build strong communities.
Mission:The mission of the Camarillo Health Care District is to be a highly respected, preferred partner in Ventura County’s continuum of health care by providing valuable, effective, measurable, and integrated community-based health services that optimize health and wellness.
- Valuing public trust through transparency and integrity in governance.
- Acknowledging the value of resources through accountable stewardship and visionary development of funding opportunities.
- Engaging in Patient-Centered Care to tailor client services based on individual goals, preferences and values.
- Improving patient outcomes, reducing costs, and improving quality of care across a continuum of providers.
- Building core competencies and a knowledge base of emerging research, programs, technologies, policies, and initiatives that improve health outcomes in the community, by recruiting, training, and retaining a professional workforce.
- Recognizing and honoring the significant contribution and sacrifice of family caregivers by providing excellence in education, training, and support.
What is a Healthcare District? Association of California Healthcare Districts
Health care districts are a type of special district/public entity that provide health and wellness services for the communities they serve. They respond to the needs in their community by providing a range of services, which may include medical, clinical, or social setting programs and services, and education, wellness, resource and advocacy. Each of California’s Healthcare Districts is governed by a locally elected Board of Trustees who are directly accountable to the communities they serve.