Camarillo Health Care District provides door-through-door transportation for non-emergency medical appointments and other activities of daily living, including to and from District programs, throughout Ventura County and to Kaiser Hospital in Woodland Hills.
Drivers are trained in CPR and First Aid, and have additional sensitivity training in transporting frail, elderly cognitively-challenged and mobility-challenged riders. Vehicles are equipped with hydraulic lifts to accommodate wheelchair clients, oxygen canisters, and other assistive mobility devices. If you require wheelchair transport, a standard wheelchair can be provided during your ride. Please inform the scheduling office of your needs when making a reservation. Vehicles are not equipped to carry electric wheelchairs, scooters, or other similarly heavy chairs.
The Care-A-Van transportation service is pleased to assist Camarillo Health Care District residents. Rides must originate within District boundaries or sphere of influence which generally includes the Greater Camarillo Area, Somis, and parts of the Las Posas and Santa Rosa Valleys.
Hours of Operation
8:00 a.m. to 4:00p.m.
Please work with your medical destination to schedule your appointments within that time frame.
Reservatons & Questions
To make a ride reservation, please call (805) 388-2529
- Please call Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. It is best to make a reservation at least 2-3 days in advance as same-day service can be difficult. We understand that things can change rapidly so please call anyway but as much notice you can give is always helpful in accommodating your needs.
- Credit card payment can be received by telephone for a convenient, cash-free ride.
- You will be asked to provide your name, telephone number, pick-up location, destination and what time you need to be there, if you need wheelchair assistance and what type of wheelchair
- Traffic conditions and other unfortunate and unforseen circumstances can affect timing of rides. Please know the drivers are sensitive to your needs and concerns, and have your best interest in mind. Every attempt at planning and timing will be made to get you to your appointment on time. Drivers may appropriately and safely pull off the roadway in compliance with law to contact the office for safety, assistance or to call your appointment destination.
- Drivers may not use cell phones while driving.
- Drivers must obey all applicable traffic laws.
We understand about changes in daily health challenges. If you need to cancel your ride, kindly inform the office with as much notice as you can give. Sometimes there will be enough notice that we might be able to help someone else who needs that time slot. Thank you for your consideration.
- Please be ready to go at your scheduled pick-up time.
- No eating, drinking or smoking is allowed on the vehicle.
- Loud or profane language is not permitted on the vehicle.
- Riders may not consume or be under the influence of an intoxicating substance.
- Drivers are not to be tipped.
- Radios or other noise-generating devices are not permitted.
- All wheelchairs must be secured by the driver at all times.
- If you change your residence or your phone number, it is your responsibility to notify the scheduling office when making a reservation.