The Camarillo Health Care District provides door-to-door transportation for non-emergency medical appointments and other activities of daily living, including to and from District programs, throughout Ventura County and to Kaiser Hospital in Woodland Hills.
Drivers are trained in CPR and First Aid, and have additional training in transporting frail, elderly and mobility-challenged riders. Our vehicles are equipped with hydraulic lifts that can accommodate wheelchair clients, oxygen canisters, and other assistive mobility devices. If you require wheelchair transport, a standard wheelchair can be provided during your ride. Please inform the scheduling office of your needs when you make your reservation.
Our vehicles are not equipped to carry electric wheelchairs, scooters, or other similarly heavy chairs.
Ticket books are available for pre-purchase, and caregivers or care attendants may accompany the rider at no charge.
The Care-A-Van transportation service is pleased to assist Camarillo Health Care District residents. All rides must originate within District boundaries or sphere of influence which includes the Greater Camarillo Area, Somis, and parts of the Las Posas and Santa Rosa Valleys.
Hours of Operation
8:20a.m. to 4:00p.m.
Please work with your medical destination to schedule your appointments within that time frame.
Reservations & Questions
Please call Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. It is necessary to make your reservation at least 2-3 days in advance, and as much as two weeks in advance.
Coupon books are available for an easy, no-cash exchange ride.
You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Telephone number
- Pick-up location and desired pick-up time
- Destination and what time you need to be there
- If you need wheelchair assistance and what type of wheelchair
If you need to cancel your ride, kindly inform the office at least two hours prior to your scheduled pick-up time
Care-A-Van Rider Responsibilities
- Please be ready to go at your scheduled pick-up time.
- No eating, drinking or smoking is allowed on the vehicle.
- Loud or profane language is not permitted on the vehicle.
- Riders may not consume or be under the influence of an intoxicating substance.
- Drivers are not to be tipped.
- Radios or other noise-generating devices are not permitted.
- All wheelchairs must be secured by the driver at all times.
- If you change your residence or your phone number, it is your responsibility to notify the scheduling office when making a reservation.