Camarillo Health Care District relies on many enthusiastic and compassionate volunteers, who offer a variety of their talents, skills and interests, to make a significant difference in the lives of those around them, and in doing so, makes the community an even better place. With the many opportunities at the District, your gift of time and talent can find a home here on our Volunteer Team.
New Volunteer Opportunities
We are now recruiting to fill the following volunteer positions:
- Facilities of Health Improvement Classes Health Self-Management Workshop Leaders Free training required and provided. Utilize innovative, evidence-based learning models to help others improve and maximize their health status. Topics include fall prevention, diabetes, chronic pain, memory impairment or similar illnesses.
- Meal Delivery to Homebound Senior Citizens Route Driver Free training required and provided. You can make a significant difference in someone’s life delivering meals as well as delivering friendship and connection. You will spend approximately 1-2 hours one morning a week to deliver on a specific route. Means of transportation required.
- Senior Support Line 1-800-235-9980 Senior Support Line Listener Free training required and provided. Compassionate and empathetic telephone contact with callers at risk of isolation, loneliness and loss of independence, and who are in need of emotional support, information and resources. Monitor a toll-free number available to Ventura County residents age 60 and over.
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
From time to time the following volunteer opportunities are available:
- Adult Day Center: Interact with our participants through arts and crafts, meal preparation, and other activities. And/or share a special skill or talent.
- Healthy Attitudes Magazine: Distribute copies to local venues once every three months.
- Produce Day: Display, distribute, and organize free produce for community residents of all ages. This takes place on the 2nd Thursday of each month.
- Senior Lunch Meal site: Assist as hosts/hostesses and food server for approximately 50 guests. Help with set up and clean up. This takes place on the 3rd Thursday of each month.
- Attention Student Volunteers! Join our Youth Leadership Program this summer and earn community service hours.
For more information on availability, contact Monica at 388-1952 ext. 112 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your gifts, talents and skills are exactly what this community needs! If you would like to become a partner with the award-winning Camarillo Health Care District, please contact us anytime. We look forward to hearing from you!