The Camarillo Health Care District is proud to serve as California’s only organization certified by the Rosalynn Carter Institute (RCI) to present the RCI REACH program for family caregivers. The Rosalynn Carter Institute received funding in 2014 from the Administration for Community Living to bring RCI REACH nationwide for training and certifying 20 sites around the country. The application process involved assessing for applicant agencies for their readiness, including data management ability, budgeting plans, ability to reach and recruitment caregivers, and history of evidence based programs, among others. The Camarillo Health Care District was the only one chosen California out of more than 200 applicants.
If you are a family caregiver, or know someone who is, please click here to see the brochure, or call us at 1-800-900-8582.
RCI REACH (Resources Enhancing Alzheimer’s Caregiver Health) provides education, a focus on safety for the patient, support for the caregiver, and skills building to help caregivers manage difficult patient behaviors and decrease their own stress.
RCI REACH is a tailored, caregiver support intervention consisting of:
• 12 individual sessions in the home or by telephone; up to 9 face-to-face and 3 telephone sessions
• Data collection at beginning and end
• Program length 6 months
• Must complete 75% of sessions to be considered a program completer
• Improvement in overall caregiver health and depression
• Reductions in feelings of burden from caregiving
• Improvement in caregiver management of troubling behaviors of the care recipient
• Delay in institutionalization