A HEALTHY MIND…is as important as a healthy body! Being in good mental health DOESN’T mean you’ll never feel sad, lonely or “down”. But when those feelings disrupt your life or go on for too long, there may be a bigger problem. Depression is NOT a normal part of aging!
TAKE THIS QUIZ NOW!
1) In the past two weeks, have you felt little interest or pleasure in doing things? Yes or No
2) In the past two weeks, have you been bothered by feeling down, depressed or hopeless? Yes or No
If you answered “YES” to either of these questions, please call our Senior Support Manager at 1-800-900-8582, ext. 208. You can speak directly with us about about ways to improve your situation! We’re looking forward to your call!
Nearly 1 in 5 Americans 65 or older experiences symptoms of depression.
Often occurring with chronic illness and other losses later in life, depression can negatively affect older adults’ quality of life and ability to function.
Healthy IDEAS (Identifying Depression, Empowering Activities for Seniors) is an evidence-based program that ensures older adults get the help they need to manage symptoms of depression and live full lives. Healthy Ideas can increase quality of life by:
• Fewer symptoms of depression
• Decreased physical pain
• Better ability to recognize and self-treat symptoms
• Improved well-being through achievement
of personal goals